Test your knowledge, take the following test containing a few of the questions from the magazine "Flying Cadet - Aviation for Student Airmen".
1. The following list of names and designating numbers is garbled. Unscramble it placing the proper number with each name. P-38 Liberator; PB2Y Warhawk; F4F Thunderbolt; B-24 Wildcat; P-47 Lightning; P-40 Devastator; TBD Coronado.
2. The Navy calls it the SBD. When used by the Army it is known as the:
3. An airplane having a span of 40 feet and a mean chord of 5 feet has an aspect ratio of about:
4. "Roger" is a word used in radio communications.
(a) as a distress signal
(b) as a request to repeat the message
(c) as an acknowledgement
(d) to call the control tower
5. The reciprocal of a bearing of 45 degrees is:
(a) 145 degrees
(b) 315 degrees
(c) 225 degrees
(d) 90 degrees
1. P-38 Lightning
3. (a) 8
4. (c) As an acknowledgement
5. (c) 225 degrees
Do you have items such as papers, photos, uniforms, gear and other artifacts? Read more about Supporting the AALCM.
We need help with transcribing data. Personnel and group records to digital. Want to help? Contact Us
If you have any data on servicemen and units and would be like to add it to our digital library; please Contact Us